Special Olympics Florida - Miami-Dade Games & Delegation Internship
6 people are interested
Position: Games & Delegation Administration Internship
Work Location: Special Olympics Miami-Dade County Office
Commitment: Four to ten hours per week for a minimum of four months, or sixteen week school semester. Specific schedule to be agreed upon by Intern, Volunteer Manager, and Department Supervisor.
Job Summary: Special Olympics serves over 6,000 athletes in Miami-Dade County. In this internship you will work with the Sports Administration Manager to ensure that all sports training and competition administrative requirements and preparations are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparing for sports competitions, including but not limited to:
o registering athletes for the competition;
o tracking registration numbers;
o preparing coaches’ information and materials for the competition;
o putting together supplies for competitions; and
o entering scores after the competitions.
- Assist with processing important paperwork including athlete medicals, competition registration forms, coach information forms, etc.
- Follow-up on forms submitted that are incomplete or incorrect.
- Maintain current and accurate coaches’ contact information.
- Assist with maintaining current school and agency listings.
- Complete various administrative tasks such as faxing, filing, scanning, photocopying, answering phones, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Obtained or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Commitment to meeting assigned deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs
- Available to attend and volunteer at weekend competitions
155 South Miami Avenue, Miami FL 33130Miami, FL 33130
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Outdoor Recreation
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training