Learn about how to get involved with the Walk to End Alzheimer's!
1 person is interested
Join us to learn about how to get involved with the Alzheimer's Association's biggest fundraiser, the Walk to End Alzheimer's! Returning on September 28th, 2019 to Raley Field, this is the world's largest event to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer's care, support, and research. We couldn't make this event happen without the dedication of our volunteer committee!
Committee members assist in a range of areas, including:
- Sponsorship: Identifies opportunities to engage the business community in the mission of the Alzheimer's Association and participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- Team Recruitment: Recruits new teams from all sectors of the community.
- Team Retention: Engages past teams to participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- Marketing and Outreach: Builds public awareness of Walk through local media outlets, social media, and grassroots marketing efforts.
- AIM-Advocacy: Recruits Alzheimer's Impact Movement (AIM) members throughout the Walk season.
- Mission: Promotes core mission elements, including TrialMatch, programs and support, and the Promise Garden.
- Logistics: Ensures that all event day components, including the start/finish line, opening ceremony, and walk route are well-planned and that participants have an excellent event experience from the parking lot to the finish line.
AARP Office1415 L StreetSuite 960Sacramento, CA 95814
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18