Seeking WED volunteer to welcome immigrants & refugees at our center
4 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers ASAP to join our Guest Services team. This is a fun, interesting and interactive role, where you get the chance to welcome immigrants from all over the world to our center, and to be part of an amazing, welcoming team. We are urgently seeking someone to help out every Wed from 9-5. Please get in touch straight away if you are interested. We look forward to hearing from you. See all details below.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also need to complete our online application form, which can be found at: https://fs24.formsite.com/koboyleiicenterorg/form1/index.html.
- Greet people with respect and sensitivity
- Actively encourage people to attend our outreach clinics
- Perform reception duties including answering phone, responding to emails, greeting clients and visitors, and directing clients to appropriate staff or to outside resources
- Assist clients with intake forms according to established instructions
- Keep a record of all appointments, phone calls, and walk-ins
- Perform general office/administrative duties including but not limited to document
- assembly, mailings, copying, filing, and other duties as needed
- Keep front desk information folders, papers, and publications updated
- Assist other IIIC staff with duties as needed
- Articulate, self-motivated, able to multitask and work independently
- Basic computer skills
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIIC
- French, Spanish and other language skills is a plus
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit www.iiicenter.org
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
1 STATE STSuite 800BostonBoston, MA 02109
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Database Administration
- People Skills
- People 55+
- 8 hours a week (more hours/days available if interested)