Blood Donor Ambassador - Delaware County
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Being a Blood Donor Ambassador (BDA) is truly a very important volunteer position within the American Red Cross.
Blood Donor Ambassadors provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with intake
- Confirm donation appointment and have donor sign in using laptop
- Provide donors with "That They Must Know Before Giving Blood" information to read/fill out before giving blood
- Make reminder call, reschedule donor appointment and perform follow up activities as directed
- Serve refreshments and talk to donors after their donation
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area, alerting blood drive employees if a donor does not appear to be feeling well or their arm is bleeding
- Make sure donor information remains confidential
- Customer service skills
- Friendly disposition
- Punctual and dependable when arriving at assignments
- Ability to clearly read laptop computer screen and type donor names, as needed
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in the community
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that Blood Donor Ambassadors provide 10 hours of service a month.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/local/ohio/buckeye/volunteer.html, scrolling down the page and clicking on the red "Get Started" button. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
We'll work with your schedule.
380 Hills-Miller RoadDelaware, OH 43015
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a month - this is roughly the time taken to work 2 shifts at a blood drive or donor center