Palo Park Builds
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
Help us build a triplex in North Boulder! By volunteering with Flatirons Habitat for Humanity, you're helping us provide a pathway to affordable homeownership for hardworking families in your community.
Construction experience is welcome, but not necessary. Everyone is welcome to build with us.
- We will provide all necessary tools, training, and instruction. Please wear closed toed shoes and layered clothing that is appropriate for both indoor and outdoor work, and that you don’t mind getting dirty. We also suggest bringing a water bottle. Water and snacks are available at the construction site, but please provide your own lunch. Lunch breaks are typically taken from noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Construction at King's Ridge begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. The construction site orientation and safety review begins at 8:15 a.m. and is required for you to work on the site, so please plan to be on time.
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years old. For individuals ages 16 to 17, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian and must be brought to the job site the day of the build. All volunteers ages 16 and 17 also must be accompanied by a parent/guardian the day of the build. Minors are not permitted to operate power tools or be on ladders because of safety concerns, but there are plenty of ways to get involved on the construction site and we work to provide a meaningful experience for all involved!
- Build days may be canceled because of weather. Should this occur, we will post any weather-related closures by 6:30 a.m. the day of the build on our Facebook page. Click here to visit our Facebook page, or you can visit our website and click on the Facebook icon.
About Flatirons Habitat for Humanity
201 E Simpson St, Lafayette, CO 80026, Lafayette, CO 80026, US
Our mission: to build strength, stability, self-reliance - and shelter Flatirons Habitat for Humanity partners with the people in our community - and across the world - to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With the support of our volunteers, partners, and donors, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and independence they need to build better lives for themselves and for their families.
Flatirons Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit Christian-based organization serving Boulder and Broomfield counties working toward a world where everyone has a decent place to live. No matter who we are or where we come from, we all deserve to have a decent life. We deserve to feel strength and stability day after day. We deserve to know we have the power to take care of ourselves and build our own futures. At Habitat for Humanity, this is what unites us. Through shelter, we empower. Volunteers play a crucial role in assisting Flatirons Habitat in fulfilling our mission and we thank you for your interest in contributing to the work we do.
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry that seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses together in partnership with families in need. Habitat has built more than 145,000 houses around the world, providing more than 625,000 people in more than 3,000 communities with safe, decent, affordable shelter. Habitat was founded in 1976 by Millard Fuller along with his wife Linda.
We'll work with your schedule.
4525 Palo ParkwayBoulder, CO 80301
- Must be at least 16
- 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.