- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
The Volunteers are an integral part of the Palliative Care Team. They enhance the quality of life of the patient in many ways. They provide compassionate support for patients and their families in home, hospital, Long Term Care Home, and Hospice.
The importance of our volunteers to the program cannot be overstated. Without volunteers we could provide neither the kinds nor the scope of services which are so urgently needed to enhance the quality of the lives of our patients and their families.
As members of the Palliative Care Team, there are specific functions and responsibilities expected of the Palliative Care Volunteer.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator or designee
- To provide support to a patient who has a life-threatening or terminal conditon and their family.
- To assist the health care team to provide optimum quality of life to the patient who is dying and their family.
- To support other Hospice Palliative Care volunteers and staff.
Responsibilities: These may include
- Provide companionship and support to the patient and family
- Provide transportation to appointments, shopping, etc.
- Provide simple comfort measures for a patient
- Preparing light meals or carrying out light household tasks
- Giving reminders of medication schedules but NOT administering medications
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Observing and reporting changes in the patient’s condition to volunteer coordinator or designate
- Writing letters, or reading to the patient
- Maintaining records of visits - day - time - travel
- Attend Volunteer training program and facility orientation programs
- Attending regular volunteer meetings
- Advising volunteer coordinator of sick leave or vacation
- Using telephone support when needed
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
915 E 5th StreetSt. Anthony's Health Care CenterAlton, IL 62002
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Customer Service
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week- however this is very flexible
- Monthly Meetings