Coordinate Local Blood Drive Volunteers from Home!
6 people are interested
Help assist our blood drives by providing scheduling support! Work from home or one of our locations. This position is regional and allows you to service our Eastern New York region from the comfort of your home! The position normally requires about 3-10 hours of work per month.
- Maintaining the blood drive schedule
- Communicating regularly, through Volunteer Connection (online), phone and email, with volunteers to recruit for assignments
- Communicating any special circumstances or changes to assigned volunteers
- Receiving and sharing feedback from volunteers regarding their assignments
- Performing data entry to ensure accurate volunteer records
- Developing ongoing relationships with our volunteer community
- Must be willing to support the Red Cross mission
- At least 14 years of age
- Have good communication skills
- Be neat, detailed, and thorough
- Have clerical and computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Be willing to learn Red Cross-specific internet applications
We will provide on the job training.
- Gaining valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Networking and meeting new people
- Developing and validating clerical skills that can last a lifetime
If this sounds like the right fit for you please go to www.redcross.org/volunteer and start the application process today!
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
From HomeAlbany, NY 12205
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- 3-10 Hours Per Month