Brighten someone's day while delivering groceries!
Provide a familiar and friendly presence to Help At Your Door clients while ensuring that their need for groceries is met. Typical duties include:
- Pick up ordered groceries from designated store during your assigned pick-up day and time.
- Deliver groceries immediately after pick-up from store.
- If making more than one delivery, keep orders separated during transit.
- Unpack and put away frozen and refrigerated items, and other items as requested.
- Hand client grocery receipt.
- Allow for a few minutes of conversation with each client, but be mindful not to let groceries sit in your vehicle for an extended period of time.
- Be alert to any "red flags" you notice while interacting with the client in the home.
- Return grocery totes to store at end of deliveries, unless you have been given designated totes to keep.
- Follow up with HAYD staff to confirm deliveries and relay concerns about client or order issues and log volunteer hours.
- Abide by HAYD boundaries and policies.
Interested volunteers would have an interest in Help At Your Door's mission of helping seniors and individuals with disabilities maintain their independence and continue living in their own homes. Volunteers would have access to a reliable vehicle and be able to lift and carry totes of groceries.
Commitment would be once a week, on Tuesday mornings, from 9 to 11 a.m. Drivers would pick up grocery orders at Hy-Vee in New Hope.
About ANOKA COUNTY RSVP
Government Center, 3300 4th Ave. N., Anoka, MN 55303, US
Anoka County RSVP program focuses on connecting adults age 55 or better with meaningful volunteer opportunities. RSVP volunteers enhance partnership organization's ability to accomplish program goals while being part of a national service movement.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
The Anoka County RSVP connects people age 55 and over who want to volunteer with non-profit and social service programs in Anoka County who need volunteers. Volunteers enroll by completing a skills and interests checklist and these are matched to community needs. From the matches, the volunteer selects a volunteer job that is meaningful and fits. Become one of nearly a half million RSVP volunteers across the country who are making a difference in their community.
We'll work with your schedule.
8441 Wayzata Blvd. #160Golden Valley, MN 55426
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Once weekly for 2-3 hours.