Community Outreach & Events
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families and tens and millions of Americans at risk. For more information, visit www.kidney.org.
This position will focus primarily on helping plan the Central Iowa Kidney Walk, KEEP Healthy Screening, and other winter and spring events. Under the supervision of the Community Outreach Manager, the volunteer will obtain firsthand experience and training in the following areas:
- National Kidney Foundation various fundraising events including the Kidney Walk, Team Kidney, and learn about the stages of the planning and implementation process.
- Event management, volunteer recruitment, committee management, non-profit development, and corporate communications.
- Social media marketing and media outreach.
- Community Outreach and Fundraising.
- Planning process for program and health events, including KEEP Healthy Screenings, Celebration Boxes, and Your Kidney & You presentations.
Candidates interested in event planning, fundraising, non-profit development, or other mentioned experiences are encouraged to apply. Position will be around 10 hours per week (typical hours will fall within Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) and is flexible with the student’s schedule. This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and is appropriate for someone looking to gain further experience within the field. This position will be part remote, part in-office.
3850 Merle Hay RdSuite 319Des MoinesDes Moines, IA 50310
- Event Management
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week
- • Pursuing Degree in related field. • Excellent communication and time management skills. • Proactive work ethic. • Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn additional software. • Reliable and has own form of transportation. • Pre