Oaknoll Retirement Residence Winter Semester Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Oaknoll Retirement Residence is looking for caring and competent individuals who have a passion for helping others, specifically the elderly population, this Winter semester.
The Winter Semester is January 14-April 19, though we will accept volunteers until all positions are filled.
Positions include: Wellness Assistants, Activity Assistants, Program Volunteers, Recycling Volunteers, etc. Volunteer times are 9-12, 12-3, 3-6, 6-9 PM.
To become a volunteer, you must:
- fill out and submit an application that can be found on our website (www.oaknoll.com/volunteer)
- Attend Orientation
- Complete online learning courses
- Complete Training
We are also looking for parents and their children to join us for Toddler Time Tuesdays, Therapy Pets, Musical Guests, etc. If you have a talent or a special interest, we'd be happy to explore the possibility of incorporating it into our activity lineup.
To further discuss roles, please respond to this listing, or directly contact Volunteer Coordinator, Brianna Becker, at 319-466-3026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
1 Oaknoll CourtIowa City, IA 52246
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours weekly for 6 months or 60 hours.
- Friendly, compassionate, patient individual looking to make a difference. Must be able to push a wheelchair.