Impact the Lives of Older Adults by Facilitating Health Workshops!
7 people are interested
Become a workshop facilitator to offer life-changing health programs for older adults in LA!
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults in Los Angeles County through direct services. We are dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a Workshop Facilitator you will be making a direct impact on older adults by helping them improve their own health, reduce pain, and decrease depression.
Workshop Facilitators have opportunities to facilitate one or more of the following evidence-based programs:
- Healthier Living (Chronic Disease Self-Management Program): A small group program for people living with chronic conditions to provide tools for improved health self-management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management: A small group program focused on managing chronic pain by providing information and tools for health self-management
- Diabetes Self-Management: A small group program focused on managing diabetes by providing information and tools for health self-management
Programs take place once per week for 2.5 hours and last 6 weeks. The training to become a facilitator is 4 days in person. Training is arranged and paid for by Partners in Care Foundation.
- Comfort presenting for, and encouraging discussions in groups
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way
- Availability 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available)
- Commitment to attending training and facilitating at least 3 workshops within the first year of volunteering (a 1-year commitment)
- Ability to speak Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, or Japanese is a bonus!
Training and skill development; Per diem provided upon workshop completion
Workshops take place throughout LA County, and we’ll do our best to match you with those opportunities within or close to your community. We ask that volunteers are willing to drive up to 45 minutes to and from a workshop.
How to Apply
Visit our website for more information: www.picf.org/volunteer or contact Allison Goforth at email@example.com or 818-8374-3775 ext. 136
About Partners in Care Foundation
732 Mott Street, Suite 150, San Fernando, CA 91340, US
Our mission is to shape the evolving health system by developing and spreading high value models of community-based care and self management. The Health Self-Management Services Department works to design and implement new models of evidence-based care that address the key social determinants of health.
We are seeking committed volunteers to serve as Health Self-Management Leaders in LA County. Volunteers facilitate one or more evidence-based programs designed to improve the lives of older adults such as Healthier Living, A Matter of Balance, and the Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program. Volunteers are asked to commit a few hours per week during weekdays and to facilitate at least three programs per year, and are provided with leader training and skill development.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsLos Angeles, CA 90011
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per week for 6 weeks at a time; 3+ workshops per year
- • Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way • Availability 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available)