17 people are interested
Volunteer driver - Douglas County, KS
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Provides ride(s) as agreed upon.
- Verification of completed COVID-19 vaccination status
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Internet access.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications:
- Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84
- Have a good driving record
- Have a current, valid driver’s license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Complete an American Cancer Society training course/background check
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- If cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment.
**Please note the Road to Recovery is temporarily suspended due to the impacts of COVID-19. Safety protocol for Volunteer Drivers will be shared when the Road To Recovery program resumes. During this time, we welcome interested volunteers to inquire for more information and to begin onboarding!
19 More opportunities with American Cancer Society
About American Cancer Society
PO Box 171335, Kansas City, MO 66117, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
The American Cancer Society has a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
325 Main St.Lawrence, KS 66044
February 15, 2023
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On your schedule