5 people are interested
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Notifies the Coordinator of availability, request acceptance and completion.
- Coordinates with the patient at least one to two days prior to the accepted ride request and provides ride as agreed upon.
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Computer with internet access.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications
Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84 and have
- A good driving record
- A current, valid driver’s license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Complete an American Cancer Society training course
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- If cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment.
We'll work with your schedule.
1100 Pennsylvania AveKansas City, MO 64105
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- • Monday - Saturday, daytime, flexible, anytime
- Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84 and have • A good driving record • A current, valid driver’s license • Access to a safe and reliable vehicle • Proof of adequate automobile insurance • Complete an American Cancer Society training co