32 people are interested
Wig Boutique at Kaiser Permanente
ORGANIZATION: Kaiser Permanente Northwest - Clinic Volunteers
Please visit the new page to apply.
32 people are interested
Wig Boutique volunteers directly serve patients receiving cancer treatment by fitting and educating about wigs, accessories, and additional cancer information and resources. Volunteers also provide compassionate, warm, inclusive environment for all who visit the Boutique.
Wig Boutique is following strict COVID-19 safety precautions, providing all volunteers appropriate protective equipment and education on hygiene and disinfection.
Interested volunteers must be available on Fridays for a consistent commitment for at least 6 months.
- Prepare supplies and set up work are for video or in-person Wig Boutique visits.
- Provide patients with information on wigs, hats and scarves available. Show a range of wig styles that meet patient interests.
- Close Boutique and properly store all supplies and materials.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety guidelines and infection control standards for disinfecting supplies and materials.
- Provide warm and compassionate interactions to patients and families visiting the Wig Boutique.
- Training offered on how to interact with patients, fit wigs, and using the video meeting software. Computer is provided on site at Kaiser Permanente if video visits are requested.
- Additional safety training and resources for interacting with patients during COVID-19.
- Kaiser Permanente staff available for day to day support.
If interested, click the "I Want to Help" button and we will send you more information about this volunteer role.
To learn more about this role and how to become a Kaiser Permanente volunteer visit our website: https://www.kpnwvolunteer.org/clinics
If you know you want to volunteer in this role, you may apply directly by completing our online volunteer application:
Adult Application: https://www.volgistics.com/appform/450122968
High school/College Application: https://www.volgistics.com/appform/1662222893
About Kaiser Permanente Northwest - Clinic Volunteers
Portland, Eugene, Salem, Vancouver, Portland, OR 97232, US
Kaiser Permanente exists to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our member and the communities we serve.
Volunteers are essential members of our team, providing informed support and inclusive, authentic interactions for all community members in our medical offices. Through meaningful, interest-based roles, we foster positive healthcare experiences in our medical offices and rewarding service placements for our volunteers.
N Interstate AvenuePortland, OR 97227
January 12, 2023
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be available on Fridays, 6-month commitment
- Health Screen lab visit