1 person is interested
The Mission of the Bruce Museum is to promote the understanding and appreciation of art and science to enrich the lives of all people. The Vision of the Bruce Museum is to be a world-class, community-based museum.
The Bruce is one of the community’s most significant cultural institutions, touching the lives of citizens of all ages, bringing art and science to life in exciting and dramatic ways. The leadership and expertise of our Board members are critical to the Museum’s success in fulfilling its mission. A 501[c]3 registered non-profit, the Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and governed by its By Laws and Connecticut Non-Stock Corporation Law.
Join our team as we bring art, science and wonder to the citizens of the 'FairChester’ region and beyond. We are seeking individuals from Fairfield and Westchester counties who have strong networks that include corporate connections, and/or individual personal and professional connections, and an interest in art and science.
- Attend all five (5) Board meetings in the fiscal year (July 1-June 30), either in person or by phone beginning with the Annual Meeting/Organizational Board Meeting in June.
- Serve on at least one Board-appointed or Museum-appointed Committee.
- Act as an ambassador for the Museum, be current on Museum programs and activities and attend whenever possible.
- The main areas of Board responsibility include stewardship, policymaking, fundraising, financial oversight, planning, community relations, and strategic and annual planning.
- Make contributions to the Museum every fiscal year. One hundred percent financial participation is expected from the Board-either through personal donations or by raising funds from others-at a minimum aggregate amount of $20,000.
- Support the Museum’s capital campaign financially, in addition to all other aforementioned obligations.
- The term of office is three years, for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Election occurs at the Annual Meeting at the Museum in June. Mid-term appointments are voted on at the next Board Meeting.
- Free Museum rental to use at a mutually convenient time (a good way to entertain friends, host meetings, etc.);
- The option to bring guests to exhibition openings, Robert Bruce Circle-level, and other events upon request;
- An exhibition publication of your choice; and
- A free Family/Dual membership to gift to a friend.
Thank you for your interest in the Bruce Museum’s Board of Trustees-a group of people who will have a major impact on the largest cultural institution in the area.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1 Museum DriveGreenwich, CT 06830
- Strategic Planning
- Critical Thinking
- Orientation or Training
- Trustees are expected to contribute 100 hours over the course of the year.