10 people are interested
Family Programs Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
The Ringling offers facilitated experiences for families with children and volunteers are needed to support these programs.
We're looking for self-directed, energetic, and dependable individuals who are physically comfortable walking and standing for prolonged periods and lifting/holding up to 10 lbs. who can comfortably engage with children and adults from diverse backgrounds.
Volunteers in this role set-up programs, lead programs under the direction of Education staff, and clean-up materials after programs. Family Programs typically occur Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but do expand to other days during the summer months.
Conditional acceptance as a Family Programs volunteer is contingent upon successful completion of a Level 2 fingerprinting and background check.
- Able to comfortably engage with children and adults from diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Comfortable standing, walking, climbing stairs, and sitting (on the floor or in a chair) for up to four hours
- Available to volunteer for programs and events on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Possess solid customer service and communication skills
- Have a patient and flexible disposition
- Comfortable working in a variety of weather conditions
- Be energetic, imaginative, and have a sense of fun and play
- Teaching or instructional experience preferred
To be considered, please complete our online volunteer application:
Applicants ages 16 and 17 will also need to submit a signed Parent/Guardian Consent form (which can be found on our website: www.ringling.org/volunteers) along with proof of age.
Applicants will be contacted by staff regarding next steps, which include participation in a required orientation and training program.
3 More opportunities with The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
About The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243, US
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art serves as the legacy of John and Mable Ringling - a place of art, architecture and circus in an environment that inspires, educates and entertains.
The Ringling is the State Art Museum of Florida and is administered by Florida State University. It features an historic mansion, art museum, circus museum, historic theater and reference library, situated on sixty-six acres of bayfront property in Sarasota.
5401 Bay Shore Rd.Sarasota, FL 34234
February 28, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are expected to support all of the experiences under the Family Programs umbrella by providing at least 25 service hours per year.
- A Level 2 fingerprinting and background check is a required part of the application process. Volunteers are also required to attend regular on-going trainings in preparation for programs and events. Additional trainings and meetings as needed.