Assistant, in Science Store
4 people are interested
The Science Store embraces the "Let's Science!" mission of the Maryland Science Center by selling science-related books, DVDs, science kits, minerals, games, and more. As a volunteer in the Store, you would help guests choose educational materials and souvenirs to ensure they never forget their visit to the Maryland Science Center.
- Stock and price products
- Straighten and maintain store displays
- Assist customers as needed
- Excellent customer service skills; at ease with people of all ages
- Great patience working with children and large groups
- Previous retail/merchandising experience a plus
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Occasional light lifting
Schedule: 4-hour shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday (add Mondays in the summer only), during business hours (9:00 AM-5:00 PM), as fits the volunteer's schedule.
Minimum Commitment: Two 4-hour shifts per month.
Visit http://www.marylandsciencecenter.org/volunteer for more information and to get a volunteer application. All volunteers must submit an application; volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
We'll work with your schedule.
601 Light StreetBaltimore, MD 21230
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift at least once a month, but if you can work more than one shift a month, it would be welcomed!