JFS Food Pantry Resource Center Volunteer
1 person is interested
The JFS Food Pantry serves over 390 families a month across the greater Kansas City area. The Kesher KC Resource Center volunteer provides a welcoming support and referral assistance to JFS clients.
Purpose: To provide a welcoming support and referral assistance to JFS clients
Qualifications: Interest in working one on one with clients in order to assist them with referrals and support for basic needs. Ability to use good judgment, maintains professional boundaries, and be flexible when encountering unexpected and/or difficult situations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to take direction from supervisor. Culturally sensitive, able to work in an empathic, nonjudgmental manner and foster positive outcomes.
- Greet clients as they arrive and assist with initial questions regarding facility or agency services
- Meet one on one with clients to complete an assessment to assess needs of client
- Refer client to community social service agencies from materials in the resource area
- Refer client to JFS social worker, when appropriate
- Work closely with JFS staff in the delivery of services
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
425 E. 63rd St., Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64110, US
Supporting and strengthening the Jewish and general communities by providing high-quality programs and services that address the needs of individuals and families dealing with crises and the everyday challenges of life.
Jewish Family Services is a social service agency that provides a wide variety of programs and services to the community including life crisis assistance, counseling, food pantry, older adult services, and more!
While our focus is primarily the Jewish community, we dedicate ourselves each day to provide peace of mind and a better life for everyone we serve, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic status. We welcome volunteers of all ethnicities and backgrounds as well.
We'll work with your schedule.
425 E. 63rd St.Kansas CityKansas City, MO 64110
- Family Therapy
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift (3 hours) every week, every other week or 1x a month. Shifts are currently on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.