Orange County - History Museum
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
About: Orange County Regional History Center
Located in the heart of downtown Orlando, the History Center offers four floors of dynamic exhibits exploring 12,000 years of Central Florida history. Visitors can enjoy limited-run exhibitions scheduled and riveting programs throughout the year. If you are passionate about history and Central Florida, this is your perfect fit for a volunteer opportunity!
Your time and talents can truly make a difference. The rewards are rich as you help future generations learn and grow. In addition to working with young people, we offer volunteer opportunities as interns, hosts at our events, and assistants in the Joseph L. Brechner Research Center.
Volunteer Docent Program: Impact Your Community While Making History
- Learn about our area’s history and share your knowledge
- Experience the satisfaction of helping visitors of all ages
- Attend orientation and training
- Commit to one morning a week
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Spring 2019 - New Volunteer Trainings
- Session 1: Wednesday and Thursday, January 16-17, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Session 2: Monday and Tuesday, January 28-29, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Benefits for Active Volunteers
- An engaging, rewarding experience
- Special tours of exhibitions
- Opportunities to learn through docent training
- Free parking validation during scheduled volunteer shifts
- A 10 percent discount in our gift shop
- Quarterly appreciation brunches
- RSVP Membership, for individuals 55+
- Recognition during National Volunteer Appreciation Week each April and more, with RSVP Membership (if eligible)
- After 100 hours of volunteer service:
- Complimentary individual membership
- Eligibility for President’s Volunteer Service Award
Please contact the RSVP Manager over Orange County for more information: 407-298-4180, x 113 / firstname.lastname@example.org . RSVP, a part of Senior Corps, is America's largest volunteer network for people 55 and over. With more than 300,000 volunteers tackling tough issues in communities nationwide, RSVP shows how you can apply the skills and wisdom you have acquired throughout your life to make a positive difference in the lives of others. RSVP is federally funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service.
About Volunteers for Community Impact
3545 Lake Breeze Dr., Orlando, FL 32808, US
Our mission: "Improving Lives Through Volunteerism."
We are the leading organization for senior volunteerism in the greater Central Florida area, serving Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties. Just last year, 1,186 caring adult volunteers gave 438,683 hours of service. That is more than $9.5 million dollars worth of volunteer service being poured back into our communities.
Previously known as Florida Senior Programs, VCI has been the sponsoring agency for the REtired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grandparent Programs since 1977. Our 36 year presence has proven our aptitude for providing meaningful and impactful volunteer experiences.
VCI provides membership benefits and support to volunteers aged 55+, at no cost to the volunteers or their volunteer stations. Just a few of the benefits of membership include: Supplemental insurance while volunteering, a dedicated coordinator, and matching to find the perfect position to fit the interest of the volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
65 E. Central Blvd.OrlandoOrlando, FL 32801
- Exhibition Arts
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training