7 people are interested
As the volunteer you will be given to opportunity to enhance the quality of life for the patient in many ways. You will be able to provide compassionate support for patients and their families in home and or long term care facilities. Volunteers would be providing support to a patient who has a terminal condition and their family.
You as the Volunteer would be doing, but not limited to:
- Provide companionship and support to patient and family.
- Provide simple comfort measures for a patient.
- Carrying out light house work chores/ tasks.
- Engaging in the patients hobbies.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Writing letters or reading to the patient.
- Observing and reporting changes in patient to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Attending volunteer training programs and facility orientation programs.
About Guiding Light Hospice
3218 Nacogdches Rd, San Antonio, TX 78217, US
In all that we do, our goal is to act with understanding and compassion while providing exceptional physical, spiritual and emotional care. We strive to serve and honor our patients and their families by helping them maintain independence and dignity, while respecting individuality and fostering an optimal quality of life. Further, we seek to increase community awareness of hospice as part of continuum of care
Guiding Light Hospice is a non-denomination, registered, community based hospice care agency licensed by State of Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) and Medicare (CMS) and Accredited by Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP).
The diagnosis of a life limiting illness causes immeasurable emotional distress for patients and their loved ones. The pain and symptoms associated with these conditions can become unbearable and decisions about care and treatment are often overwhelming and difficult to make. Guiding Light Hospice provides hospice care and other related services to assist families dealing with these tough times in the Greater San Antonio area.
3218 Nacogdoches RdSan Antonio, TX 78217
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Relationship Building
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours a week.
- Will require a TB test to be done if one wanted to be a direct patient volunteer. Costs will be covered by Guiding Light Hospice. At least 1 year commitment.