Apply Your Professional Skills and Help Strengthen Eastside Nonprofits
7 people are interested
Nonprofit organizations need your help now more than ever! Many lack the capacity and resources they need to support their missions and the people they serve. Your professional expertise and passion for contributing to the community will play an essential role in helping these organizations realize their full potential.
501 Commons provides high quality, affordable consulting, coaching, and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to volunteer consultants who generously give their time and talents. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and management consulting.
We are currently serving several Eastside Nonprofits, specifically between Issaquah and North Bend, and are looking for consultants, facilitators and coaches in the surrounding community with the following emphasis:
- Board Strategic Planning
- Volunteer Management Self-Assessment
- Community Stakeholder
- Interest in serving Senior Citizens
While the requirements of each project vary, on average consultants can expect to serve 6-12 hours per month throughout the course of 4-6 months, and work on projects in pairs.
What’s in it for you?
As a service corps member, you will:
- Learn new skills that fuel personal and professional growth
- Have access to our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
How do you start?
To learn more go to https://www.501commons.org/engage/about-the-service-corps
Or contact Jan Burrell at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss current opportunities
About Executive Service Corps of Washington, a program of 501 Commons
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101, 1200 12th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144, US
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. 501 Commons serves nonprofits as experts, innovators, and partners. Our passion is to amplify the strengths of nonprofits--so people and communities flourish.
501 Commons was founded in 1989 as Executive Service Corps of Washington. In 2010, we changed our name to 501 Commons, reflecting a changing role and broader range of services.Guiding Principle: Build on strengths
We build on the strengths of individual leaders and organizations.
- We respect each nonprofit's unique culture and history.
- We honor the expertise in your organization, as well as the expertise of our Service Corps members.
- We customize our services to fit your needs.
- We share best practices and collaborate with other service providers in order to better serve nonprofits.
We value - and practice - collaboration. In a sector that's always low on resources, collaboration can lead us to solving problems in new, more cost effective ways.
We believe that dialogue between nonprofits, philanthropy, government, and business is essential to tackling the serious problems that affect our people and our planet.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Service LocationsIssaquah, WA 98027
- Strategic Planning
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- IT Consulting
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6-12 hours per month for 4-6 months