Expressions Art Exhibition
5 people are interested
The Annual Expressions Art Exhibition showcases artists with disabilities, celebrating their abilities and unique talents. The annual exhibition adds diversity to the Kansas City arts community and exposes audiences to art that otherwise might not be seen. Expressions not only breaks down some of the barriers that artists with disabilities face, but it also offers an art gallery experience that is accessible to people of all abilities.
Our opening reception is on March 6 at Rochester Brewing and Roasting Co, 2129 Washington st KCMO.
Volunteers are needed from 5:30-10pm. All volunteers must stay and help with clean up. Please click here to review and sign up for a volunteer duty, https://thewholeperson.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=45534.
About The Whole Person
3710 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111, US
The Whole Person connects people with disabilities to the resources they need by supporting independent choice and advocating for positive change in the community.
- Promotes full accessibility for persons with disabilities to live in the community.
- Helps populations who are underserved. i.e veterans, mental illness, and LGBT
- Provides needed but underfunded opportunities for persons with disabilities to remain independent and in their own homes.
- Helps people avoid nursing home placement.
- Helps people with disabilities leave nursing homes and return to the community.
- Finds sustainable employment for persons with disability, essential in breaking the cycle of poverty.
- Provides ASL instructions to children’s families who have any language delay disability such as autism or deafness
2129 Washington StKansas City, MO 64108
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Set up 4 hours, evening shift 4.5 hours.