Volunteer Recruiter - Los Angeles
DONATE TO THIS
27 people are interested
Are you a social butterfly or strategic thinker? Do you often find yourself connecting others to fun projects or promoting fun events? We are looking for you! Special Olympics Southern California (SOSC) is looking for a connector, a motivator, a leader to help fill much needed volunteer roles throughout So. Cal. Work with a dynamic team of professionals to promote volunteer roles at events, coaches, leadership roles, and more. What are you waiting for?!
- Utilize Volunteer Needs Assessment to recruit volunteers
- Represent SOSC at external recruiting and volunteer fairs. Assist in finding new recruiting and marketing opportunities
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies/organizations, market segments, and populations to create a robust network and strong candidate pipeline for future needs
- Work alongside staff to create an interview plan for each open position
- Assist staff by reviewing applications and/or resumes, responding to candidates and conducting phone screen interviews
- Track recruitment strategies and efforts on Volunteer Recruitment Plan and produce monthly volunteer activity status reports
- Assist in evaluating and modifying recruitment strategies based on lessons learned
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Receive overview of tools and training for assignment
- Weekly staff support on prioritization of work
- Review process of produced work
- Preferred commitment of one year or more
- Weekly schedule is flexible, minimum of 3-15 hours a week
- This can be a virtual volunteer opportunity - work is done in the field or from home
- Volunteer Recruiters are encouraged to recruit others to support this work
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with interviewing experience
- Recruiting experience OR the ability to communicate SOSC mission in a positive manner
- Customer service skills with ability to manage a large amount of telephone work
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels
- Ability to multi-task, handling many projects with competing priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must complete a volunteer application, required training, and background check
- Furthering the vision of acceptance, inclusion, and well-being for people with intellectual disabilities
- Building a stronger community of supporters
- Meet new people and represent a great cause
About Special Olympics Southern California
1600 Forbes Way, Suite 200, Long Beach, CA 90810, US
Special Olympics Southern California is a nonprofit organization that empowers individuals with intellectual disabilities to become physically fit, productive and respected members of society through sports training and competition. It is one of 52 Chapters within the United States and part of Special Olympics, Inc., which serves 3 million athletes in 180 countries worldwide. The mission of Special Olympics Southern California is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics transforms lives through the joy of sport, every day, everywhere. We are the world's largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities: with 4.4 million athletes in 170 countries -- and millions more volunteers and supporters. We are also a global and social movement.
Through the power of sports, people with intellectual disabilities discover new strengths and abilities, skills, and success. Our athletes find joy, confidence and fulfillment -- on the playing field and in life. They also inspire people in their communities and elsewhere to open their hearts to a wider world of human talents and potential. Please view the following video to see the full spectrum of our activities.
Our athletes always come first.
Honesty, integrity, and mutual respect are the core principles of our organization, and we pledge to treat all athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff members, and donors according to these principles.
We pledge that all decisions will be made in support of our mission and that all resources should be optimized for the direct benefit of our athletes.
We'll work with your schedule.
Los Angeles CountyLos Angeles, CA 90030
- Sales Marketing
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Market Research
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- This opportunity is FLEXIBLE and can be done remotely. Time per week is varies on responsibilities and year. Ideally we would like a 1 year commitment to learn the sports seasons and organization.
- Fun, creative-thinker who is a fast learner and eager to help