12 people are interested
Reception Volunteers are our first impression for to the community and to our guests!
A good candidate would be someone who has customer service skills, and believes strongly that treating everyone with dignity and respect is of utmost importance.
Reception volunteers assist the community through directing calls, scheduling intakes, and in-taking donations. Reception volunteers must hold to a high standard of excellence in customer service.
- Answering & directing calls
- Pre-intake applications for families seeking shelter
- Scheduling intakes
- Directing those seeking shelter to additional resources
- Directing donation and volunteer calls
About San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission
8756 Canby Ave., Northridge, CA 91325, US
With the support of our community, we offer: Refuge, Recovery and Restoration.
Our programs have been designed to provide homeless men, women, children and families an opportunity, not only to obtain food, shelter and basic life necessities, but also provides a foundation for individual and family restoration by developing a personalized plan based on their needs for achieving personal growth, employment, housing.
Currently, the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission provides a variety of programs serving thousands of men, women, children and families including:
* Hearty meals and hot showers to over 500 individuals at four locations each week.
* Two Super Thrift stores that not only help fund the missions activities, but provide an economical alternative for clothing and household items for individuals and families
* An emergency family shelter that provides families up to 90 days of warm and safe overnight shelter, a place to shower, and at least two meals per day.
These programs, coupled with individualized outreach and case management, offer individuals and family’s physical and emotional support, as well as the needed resources and training to help better their position in life.
We'll work with your schedule.
8756 Canby AveNorthridgeNorthridge, CA 91325
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours weekly for at least 6 months