Childcare Assistant for Refugee Literacy Classes- Greensboro
18 people are interested
Position Title: Childcare Assistant for Refugee Literacy Classes- Greensboro
Purpose: Assist an experienced Pre-K instructor by helping provide care for a group of young children (0-4 years) from refugee families. Their parents will be studying English in an adjacent classroom, and the children will be improving their social and literacy skills to prepare them for when they are old enough to attend school.
Greensboro Refugee Literacy Classes will take place Monday-Friday from 11am -1pm.
- Commit to assisting with childcare for two hours on the same day each week. Childcare Assistants are welcome to volunteer for more than one day each week.
- Read and play games with children.
- Inform parents in an adjacent classroom when their child’s diapers need to be changed.
Time Commitment: Classes will continue through September 2019, with the possibility of extending beyond that date.
- Welcoming to refugees
- Curious about languages and cultures
- Willing to undergo a background check
- Enthusiastic about reading, singing and playing games with young children
- Patient with babies and young children
We'll work with your schedule.
122 N. Elm StreetSuite 920Greensboro, NC 27401
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Commit to volunteering for two hours in a child classroom on the same day each week (or on multiple days each week, if the volunteer would like to help with several classes). Classes will continue through September 2019.
- Willing to undergo a background check for child-care workers