2 people are interested
Internship Summary: The Tax Intern is responsible for conducting outreach and education to all of ECDC’s clients about US taxes, and helping to facilitate tax preparation between clients and tax preparers.
- Create fliers on the US tax system, what tax scams look like, and free tax clinics in the area.
- Visit area community colleges, apartment complexes, and other community areas in order to disseminate information on taxes.
- Contact all current and former ECDC clients through phone, email, and in person in order to educate them about taxes and invite them to obtain help through ECDC’s free tax service.
- Facilitate tax preparation between clients and tax preparers in Virginia by visiting clients, organizing tax documents, sending them to ECDC tax specialists, and ensuring that tax documents are signed and sent to the IRS and Maryland Comptroller
- Interest in domestic refugee resettlement/refugee and immigration policy
- Language skills (especially Farsi, Dari, Arabic, French, or Spanish) a plus but not required
- Ability to work 4-5 days a week
- Have a driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook email system.
- Ability to conduct "cold calls" and "cold emails"
- Ability to plan and manage work to meet deadlines
- Ability to relate professionally to and collaborate with diverse individuals in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to adjust to changing work tasks and priorities.
- $500 stipend paid every two weeks
- January through April 22 nd, 2019.
8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 800Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 4-5 days