Development Coordinator/Grant Writer
2 people are interested
Want to help create a more equitable food system and fight food waste? Waste Not Want Not Now, a volunteer-based organization focused on connecting surplus food with people in need, is seeking a volunteer to help us source and apply for grants, grow our fundraising efforts, and liaison partnerships with organizations around Los Angeles.
If you love helping companies grow while fighting for great causes, there couldn’t be a better time to get involved. Our organization is expanding quickly in an effort to recover as much surplus food as we can and divert it to shelters, churches, and other groups that feed people experiencing homelessness and others in need - and we need more resources to help our community. There’s so much work to be done in this space; while up to 40% of food in the United States is wasted, 1 out of 7 people and 1 out of 5 children are food insecure in Los Angeles County.
Development and grant writing will be instrumental in building our impact within the community and helping us achieve our objective of ending food waste in Los Angeles by 2025. This position offers a flexible, remote schedule and we’re looking for a volunteer that can commit for at least three months.
If you want to join us in these efforts, please send along your resume with brief intro of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you want to be involved in this initiative!
- Identify opportunities that align with our mission and compose grant proposals
- Help organize special fundraising campaigns and lead them to success
- Improve our ongoing donation stream through coordinated efforts across the organization
- Research and evaluate partnerships with government-sponsored initiatives and other organizations within our community
- Maintain solid tracking system for all current and prospective grants, campaigns, and initiatives
- Strong communication with other stakeholders at the organization, particularly with social media and finance to help us build in sync
- Build community through our partner network
- At least one year of experience in grant writing, development, or similar
- Passion for our causes
- Strong team player and proven community builder
- Ability to work remotely and provide own computer
We'll work with your schedule.
Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90028
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Flexible for at least three months