Volunteer Services and Special Events Internship
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
The Volunteer Services Internship is a multifaceted position focused on learning about and supporting the External Relations team with various projects that support Avivo. This internship will span over a semester and include exposure to volunteer programming including individual and corporate volunteerism and special events planning and implementation. This internship is designed to provide an opportunity to gain experience and is not a paid staff position.
- Recruit and schedule individual and corporate groups to volunteer at Avivo
- Provide orientation and training for on-site volunteers and volunteer groups
- Update volunteer job descriptions, orientation information and various training materials
- Interview and screen new volunteers as needed
- Recognize volunteers, donors and staff for their efforts
- Provide support with planning and implementing Back to School Backpack events and the Men’s Wearhouse Suit Giveaway events
Education and Experience
- Working towards a college degree in related field is preferred.
- Past special events or campaign coordination experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Strong organizational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Focused on being productive
- Self motivated and shows initiative
- Project management skills a plus, but not required
- Interested in learning about working within a non-profit and how External Relations team work together to support the larger mission
The Special Events intern will spend time in a cube working with a computer while sitting. The intern will also receive and distribute donations which will require walking up and down stairs and lifting up to 25lbs on occasion. The intern will be based out of our Administrative offices at 1900 Chicago Avenue, Minneapolis, MN. Schedule: part time weekdays between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
TO APPLY: Please e-mail a resume along with a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of your message, write Volunteer Services Intern.
Avivo serves more than 18,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and economic advancement. Founded in 1960, Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career education, and employment services. We specialize in helping individuals and families who face personal or systemic barriers - poverty, homelessness, joblessness, chemical addiction or mental health concerns - achieve recovery and economic stability. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. For more information, visit www.avivomn.org
We'll work with your schedule.
1900 Chicago AvenueMinneapolis, MN 55404
- Event Design & Planning
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours a week per semester. We are also flexible!