Would you like to lead Tours at Morven Museum & Garden?
25 people are interested
Morven is undergrowing dramatic growth - in both its physical structures, interior galleries, and gardens. We have reinstalled our first floor galleries to tell a richer, fuller story of Morven's inhabitants and their lives.
Our volunteer docent corps has been, and continues to be an integral part of Morven’s day-to-day operations.
Morven's volunteers collectively contribute hundreds of service hours annually. It is a great way to learn more about Morven and the history of New Jersey, meet new people and feel a part of the stewardship of a National Historic Landmark. Docents also are invited to special events, go on interesting field trips, and make lots of new friends.
Interested in becoming a Morven Docent/Guide?
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, and inquisitive and at least 16 years of age?
- Available weekdays and or weekends? Morven is open Wednesday through Sunday
- Interested in possibly assisting with educational programs and events storytimes, scout activities, Morven in May, Fourth of July Jubilee celebrations, among others, from time to time?
- Physically able to lead 35-40 minute tours at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. at least two dates a month? The minimum commitment we request from our docents is two 4-hour shifts per month.
- First training session lasts about one hour and can be held by appointment on your personal schedule-Following this training session, two "shadowing" sessions with a docent are required, along with written material review
- Some Museum Docents also like to lead Garden Tours in Morven's Gardens...and help out at events-let us know if that interests you, too!
It's a whole new day at Morven Museum & Garden!
A National Historic Landmark, Morven Museum & Garden is situated on five pristine acres in the heart of Princeton, New Jersey. The mansion was home to not only one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Richard Stockton, and his descendants, enslaved peoples, and workers, but also Robert Wood "General" Johnson, Jr. and five former New Jersey Governors families, staffs, and important visitors and showcases the rich cultural heritage of New Jersey through regular exhibitions, educational programs and special events.
We'll work with your schedule.
55 Stockton StreetPrinceton, NJ 08540
- General Education
- Exhibition Arts
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training