SOWN Board Member
13 people are interested
SOWN is Seeking Board Members who:
- Want to make a difference
- Desire to network with other professional people
- Are looking to engage in strategic planning and policy discussions
- Want an opportunity to plan SOWN’s success
- Will attend five meetings per year
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SOWN At a GlanceThe Mission: SOWN provides innovative solutions so adults 50+ lead independent, healthy lives and age in place in their homes and communities.
As a pioneer in providing cutting edge supportive services, primarily to women over 50, the Supportive Older Women’s Network (SOWN) recognizes how physical health is intrinsically tied to emotional well-being and the strength of mutual support. SOWN provides evidence-based, cost-effective, collaborative services in 25 locations throughout Philadelphia. SOWN prevents and reduces isolation, protecting older adults from depression and related serious health consequences. Whether for a grandparent raising a grandchild, an elder with health concerns, a caregiver for a loved one who is ill, or an older adult living alone, SOWN is there - extending a lifeline of support.
- GrandFamily Resource Center - keeping vulnerable families together and enabling at-risk children to live long-term in stable homes. Serving grandparents raising children who need comprehensive preventive and supportive services to keep children out of foster care, stay healthy, and thrive in school.
- Healthy Lives -health and wellness initiatives to improve quality of life and strengthen social connections for older adults living in the community.
- Counseling for Homebound Adults - weekly group and individual counseling by clinical social workers over teleconferencing for homebound elders.
- Parkinson's Care Partners Support Groups - professionally-facilitated support groups for caregivers of family members with Parkinson’s disease.
We'll work with your schedule.
2000 Market StPhiladelphia, PA 19103
- Elder care
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Human Resources Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Resource Development / Management
- Database Administration
- Orientation or Training