Help the Critically-ill: Volunteer with Community Blood Center
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
It takes as little as 2 hours a month to be a Community Blood Center (CBC) volunteer. CBC is looking for volunteers who can share safe driving skills, an outgoing personality, foreign language fluency or administrative talents that help CBC provide blood, plasma and platelets to critically-ill family, friends and neighbors.
Community Blood Center is looking for dedicated individuals to volunteer as:
- DRIVERS delivering blood/plasma/platelets to regional hospitals and/or pick-up donations (min age: 21)
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH volunteers helping to register donors and set up donor appointments (min age: 14)
- BLOOD DRIVE AMBASSADORS greeting and chatting with donors and assisting with refreshments (min age: 14)
- SPANISH OR ASL INTERPRETERS help guide Spanish-speaking or hearing impaired donors through the process during blood drives (min age: 16)
- DATA ENTRY & OFFICE ASSISTANCE volunteers who provide administrative assistance (min age: 16)
CBC volunteers must submit an application, participate in an interview & background screening and attend an orientation. Volunteer drivers must also pass a Motor Vehicle Record check and Distracted Driving exam, be comfortable driving in variable road conditions, have proper licensure (standard license in KS, Class E license in Missouri -- we will reimburse after 6 months of service) and complete a ride-along with an experienced volunteer.
A minimum commitment of 6 months of service are required. Couples or friends can drive as teams but both will have to complete the application requirements and training.
To learn more, contact Volunteer Services at (816) 968-4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: At this time, CBC does not provide court-appointed community service hours.
About Community Blood Center
4040 Main St., Kansas City, MO 64111, US
To provide blood and support services that meet the needs of patients, blood donors, physicians and hospitals.
CBC provides the blood, plasma and platelets that help save the lives of critically ill hospital patients in our region and during emergency shortages in other parts of the country.
We'll work with your schedule.
Kansas City metro areaKansas City, MO 64111
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum commitment of 12 hours within first 6 months of service
- Submit an application, participate in an interview/orientation and undergo a background check (Drivers are also required to have a MVR check and complete a distracted driving course.)