Resolve to volunteer & make a difference in 2019!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Get 2019 off to a great start as a Community Blood Center Volunteer who provides life-saving help to local family, friends and neighbors -- and it only takes about 5 hours/month!
Community Blood Center is looking for dedicated individuals to volunteer as:
- DRIVERS delivering blood/plasma/platelets to regional hospitals and/or pick-up donations (min age: 21)
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH volunteers helping to set up donor appointments; Door reminder calls can be done from home (min age: 16)
- BLOOD DRIVE AMBASSADORS greeting and chatting with donors and assisting with refreshments (min age: 14)
- SPANISH OR ASL INTERPRETERS help guide Spanish-speaking or hearing impaired donors through the process during blood drives (min age: 16)
- DATA ENTRY & OFFICE ASSISTANCE volunteers who provide administrative assistance (min age: 16)
CBC volunteers must submit an application, participate in an interview & background screening and attend an orientation. Volunteer drivers must also pass a Motor Vehicle Record check and Distracted Driving exam, be comfortable driving in variable road conditions, have a Class E license for Missouri (we will reimburse after 6 months of service), and complete a ride-along with an experienced volunteer.
A minimum commitment of 6 months of service and at least 1 shift/month are required. Couples or friends can drive as teams but both will have to complete the application requirements and training.
To learn more, contact Volunteer Services at (816) 968-4079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Kansas City metro areaKansas City, MO 64111
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum commitment of 6 months of service with at least 1 shift/month are required
- Submit an application, participate in an interview/orientation and undergo a background check (Drivers are also required to have a MVR check and complete a distracted driving course.)