Help staff a pay-what-you-can bookstore!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Help keep the heart at 50/50 beating by bringing your smile and spending time with us!This volunteer opportunity will specifically be to help Denver's pay-what-you-can bookstore in promoting literacy through greater access to books.
Duties include operating an iPad point of sale system, stocking books, and greeting and assisting shoppers. Retail or customer service experience preferred but not required. Must be 18 years of age or older. Due to the training and level of responsibility involved in this ongoing volunteer activity, we ask volunteers to make a six-month commitment.
- Staffing bookstore
- Restocking & reorganizing bookshelves
- Helping deliver the same experience to every person that comes in
- Sorting donations, stacking boxes
- Assisting with book donations that come in during open hours
- Sorting through donations for partnering organizations and schools
- Answering any questions about 50/50
All opportunities are open to anyone and everyone that wants to join us in putting our best foot forward to connect books with readers. All volunteers under the age of 18 requires adult supervision.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Sun Dec 23, 2018 - Sun Dec 29, 2019
10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
4425 Grape StDenver, CO 80216
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 3-hour shifts; 10a - 1p & 1p-4p
- Flexibility, interpersonal skills, has a passion for 50/50's mission