Project Duration: (in months)
The Social Enterprise is a community of systems practitioners working on a myriad of mission-driven projects, social businesses, investment funds, philanthropic programs, purpose-based communities, and other initiatives that represent values-based and regenerative economic models for the 21st century.Role Summary: (Briefly explain the overview of the role in 1-2 sentences)
Reporting to the Meta volunteer of the People Management Team, the Human Resources Coordinator is an integral part in the success of CrowdDoing. The Human Resources Coordinator works to effectively manage and support various Human Resources functions within the People Management Team. Our Human Resources Coordinator possess the following competencies self-starter attitude, strategic, action oriented, quick learner, comfortable utilizing virtual communication methods, multitasker, and strong communication skills.Essential Tasks: (List down the essential tasks that individual perform in the job)
· Assist Volunteer experience with strategically implementing solutions to engage volunteers to reduce turnover.
· Conduct HR orientation and other various trainings as needed.
· Serve as backup support for onboarding team which includes but is not limited to providing onboarding details to applicant, sending registration details for company intranet, providing
volunteer waiver, and updating onboarding details in applicant tracking system for applicant.
· Assist sourcing operations team with initial contact to all applicants.
· Provide assistance to Human Resources Business Partners with recruitment efforts when needed.
· Update and maintain CrowdDoing social media presence daily by posting vital roles daily to increase visibility.
· Draft, distribute, and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories on social media accounts.
· Execute social media campaigns across our existing LinkedIn and Facebook to expand our network by posting daily
· Liaise and manage any relationships or partnerships as required.
· Respond to and approve page requests.
· Other duties as assigned.Skills & Competencies: (List all critical skills needed for this role. Be specific)
· Minimum of 7 hours volunteer engagement per week.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Resources preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years in experience working in HR at a generalist level highly preferred, along with recruitment experience.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Data entry and reporting experience. A strong track record as being strategic.
· High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups.
· Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
· Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization.
"To help support you joining the right part of CrowdDoing for you, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftd6E0tyV2uq7mMty1rZ80BB2MSGhbnof9gRBvaQXbrttIkg/viewform?usp=sf_link"
The only way CrowdDoing.world can realize its impact potential is through virtual volunteers,service learners(http://blog.reframeit.com/service-learning-and-skilled-volunteering/), and micro-leaders (https://real-leaders.com/leveraging-micro-leadership-to-make-aspirational-goals-achievable/) coming together.
See this brief video aboutMicro-leadership at CrowdDoing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdB2YJ8Ocs&app=desktop). Micro-leadership means that each person adopts a dimension of responsibility for a collective problem in our society through collaborating on that area creatively individually and together through social innovation.
You are also welcome to see more background on CrowdDoing at our Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA?sub_confirmation=1).
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613) ,
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/ ).
You can see a CrowdDoing Volunteering FAQ here.