14 people are interested
Teen Mentor for the 4-H Program
14 people are interested
Now more than ever, teens in Sonoma County need caring mentors to help them succeed in the 2021-2022 academic school year.
Your role as a mentor is to meet, in-person or virtually, with your student cohort, and engage in two monthly meetings where you cover specific topics ranging from studying hacks, financial literacy, and fun team building activities.
In addition, we will propose optional outdoor, socially-distanced activities such as: outdoor games, trivia games, coffee chats, study sessions, and more.
Our program will create various cohorts of 2 mentors and 6-8 students. Each cohort will select a time to meet, in-person or virtually, to engage in the program.
You will be trained to provide support, and be a positive role model for the youth in the program. By guiding them through activities, providing the cohort with resources, and help them set, and achieve, academic and life goals.
Roles of Volunteer Mentors
- Complete screening and training requirements set by 4-H and school districts
- Set up a time and day to virtually meet with your cohort
- Attend monthly meetings to engage in fun team building activities (Virtual or In-Person)
- Work with other mentors to provide students with academic support
- Work with 4-H staff to help provide youth with resources they need to succeed
- Guide students through structured activities to help them set and achieve their goals
- Help evaluate the program by providing reflections from mentors and students
***VIRTUAL TRAINING MEETINGS ARE AVAILABLE ON DEMAND***
Email us to get the Zoom meeting information!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About County of Sonoma Human Resources
575 Administrative Drive, Suite 116-B, Attn: Volunteer Program, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, US
The mission of the Volunteer Program is to enhance and extend the County of Sonoma's ability to provide services through training, relationship development, and by connecting people with opportunities to serve the community.
The Volunteer Program, housed in Sonoma County's Human Resources Department, places volunteers throughout 72 different county programs to assist departments in extending and augmenting public services they provide.
Multiple locations Santa Rosa, CA 95403
June 16, 2021
- Sports Coaching
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One monthly meeting along with one activity you have to help organize at your convenience. It's less than 4 total hours per month.
- Being bilingual (Spanish-English) is a great skill to have as we will work primarily with Latino Youth.