Food Pantry - Shop along side our clients to ensure they get the right amount of food
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
Please fill out an application to get started:
- Assist clients with their food selection in the client choice food pantry
- Restock pantry shelves and coolers throughout the day as needed
- Sort and prepare all fresh produce
- Assist clients to pack and load groceries into vehicles
- Consolidate and organize pantry shelves throughout the day as needed
Time Commitment: Once a week for at least 3 hours. Available hours are as follows:
- Monday: 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Friday: 8:30 - 11:30am
Qualifications: Volunteers must be able to stand/walk for up to 3 hours and lift up to 25 pounds. Food Pantry volunteers must be at least 14 years old OR at least 10 years old and accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Orientation and Training: All volunteers are required to attend and complete a volunteer orientation before starting their service. Food Pantry Shoppers will receive additional training from the Food Programs Manager.
Dress Code: All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes and come dressed to work both inside and outside.
Benefits: opportunities to practice Spanish; customer service experience; physical activity; direct client interaction
- Individuals looking to make a long-term commitment
- Groups up to 15 individuals
- Community service and short-term volunteers
About Crossroads Community Services
4500 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75236, US
Crossroads Community Services exists to nourish our community's low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education.
Crossroads Community Services nourishes people and powers change by providing nutritious groceries and supportive education to those in need in Dallas.
In 2005 CCS became the first agency in the nation to match the amount of food aid provided from each food group with an individual’s age, gender, and activity level as recommended by the USDA’s MyPyramid. In 2010 CCS was named the Model Agency of the Year by the North Texas Food Bank for innovation and volume of food delivered. Last year, over 15,000 individuals benefited from 2.7 million pounds of nutritious food used to prepare 2.3 million healthy meals.
Crossroads provides low-income families with enough groceries to prepare 21 nutrient-and-calorie-balanced meals per person on a monthly basis. CCS also provides education regarding nutrition, meal planning, and obesity prevention to our clients.
We'll work with your schedule.
4500 S Cockrell Hill RdDallas, TX 75236
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for at least 3 hours. Available hours are as follows: Mondays: 12:30 - 3:30 PM; Tuesdays - Thursdays: 8:30 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30; Fridays: 8:30 - 11:30