Food Pantry - Shop along side our clients to ensure they get the right amount of food
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Please fill out an application to get started:
- Assist clients with their food selection in the client choice food pantry
- Restock pantry shelves and coolers throughout the day as needed
- Sort and prepare all fresh produce
- Assist clients to pack and load groceries into vehicles
- Consolidate and organize pantry shelves throughout the day as needed
Time Commitment: Once a week for at least 3 hours. Available hours are as follows:
- Monday: 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Friday: 8:30 - 11:30am
Qualifications: Volunteers must be able to stand/walk for up to 3 hours and lift up to 25 pounds. Food Pantry volunteers must be at least 14 years old OR at least 10 years old and accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Orientation and Training: All volunteers are required to attend and complete a volunteer orientation before starting their service. Food Pantry Shoppers will receive additional training from the Food Programs Manager.
Dress Code: All volunteers must wear closed toe shoes and come dressed to work both inside and outside.
Benefits: opportunities to practice Spanish; customer service experience; physical activity; direct client interaction
- Individuals looking to make a long-term commitment
- Groups up to 15 individuals
- Community service and short-term volunteers
We'll work with your schedule.
4500 S Cockrell Hill RdDallas, TX 75236
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for at least 3 hours. Available hours are as follows: Mondays: 12:30 - 3:30 PM; Tuesdays - Thursdays: 8:30 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30; Fridays: 8:30 - 11:30