Volunteer Mentor for Reentering Adults
9 people are interested
The PathStone "Training to Work" program helps to assist individuals who have had criminal justice involvement with their transition back to a self-sufficient life in the Rochester community. The mentoring component uses adult volunteers committed to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to our participants in support of this mission. By becoming a part of our mentor network, volunteers help participants through the process of setting, pursuing, and achieving positive career and personal goals.
- Work directly with participants in one-on-one and/or group sessions.
- Provide support to individuals facing multiple barriers to achieving personal and career goals.
- Be a positive role model in mental, physical, professional, and family wellness as appropriate.
- Communicate with mentees on a regular basis to track their progress and keep them engaged in their goal pursuit and program enrollment (in person, by phone, and/or electronically).
- Promote participant success by being a consistent advocate and helping participants as they build their capacity to utilize natural supports and other community resources.
- Keep track of mentor relationship using simple reporting logs.
- Communicate on a monthly basis with Mentor Coordinator in order to gather information relevant to programming and to report mentorship activities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
189 N. Water StRochester, NY 14604
- Financial Literacy
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 5 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Monthly communication with Mentor Coordinator.