3 people are interested
Position: Preschool Assistant
Supervisor: Preschool Director, Volunteer Coordinator
Location: YWCA A Special Place Preschool
Purpose: To work on-site with children attending the YWCA "A Special Place" Therapeutic Preschool to promote social-emotional skills and model positive behavior. Preschool Assistants work with children in small groups or individually and provide support to teachers. This provides volunteers the opportunity to work with children in challenging situations and give them a positive environment to grow.
- Support staff during planned activities
- Promote and enhance development through positive relationships
- Participate in school chores and maintain the learning environment
- Consult staff as needed
- General clerical duties including but not limited to maintaining and organizing filing systems, mailing letters, restocking office supplies
- Creating Flyers and Newsletters to update families and promote programs
- Help prepare and serve breakfast, lunch, and snacks as needed
- Assist with some program events when necessary
- Desire to work with children in a nurturing and supportive manner
- Interest in learning about social work and early childhood education
- Sensitivity and desire to work with children in crisis while maintaining boundaries
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not required
- A minimum of one 3-hour shift weekly for a minimum of 3 months, not to exceed 16 hours each week.
Benefits: The opportunity to positively impact the lives of children in crisis in a supportive environment while addressing the needs of children who have witnessed domestic violence or are at risk of abuse and neglect in the home. The real benefit comes in knowing the work you do each day changes the lives of our clients through a philosophy of support and self-empowerment.
To Apply: Visit https://www.ywcasc.org/get-involved/volunteer/ to fill out a volunteer application.
For more information about our volunteer opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator,Lydia Edelheit, at 707-303-8401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
YWCA is committed to providing meaningful volunteer experiences to community members by utilizing skills and resources to complement our programs and services.
We'll work with your schedule.
811 3rd st.Santa RosaSanta Rosa, CA 95404
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Problem Solving
- Background Check