1 person is interested
Position: Hotline Volunteer
Supervisor: Domestic Violence Services Manager, Volunteer Coordinator
Location: YWCA Safe House
Purpose: The YWCA Hotline is a 24-hour crisis line that provides support, information, and referrals to survivors of domestic violence. Hotline volunteers will utilize active listening skills and learn the process and procedures of the Safe House to provide callers with YWCA resources and community referrals. The hotline is staffed at the Safe House from 9am-10pm Monday - Friday and 1-9pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Answer the 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline
- Collect data from phone calls and entering into the ETO database as well as filing call logs and interview sheets as needed
- Attend client intakes with advocates to provide support
- Other staff support as needed or as call volume allows
- Desire to provide resources to survivors of domestic violence
- Sensitivity to working with clients in crisis while maintaining boundaries
- Participation in a 40-hr Domestic Violence training provided by the YWCA
- Ability to listen and respond to the needs of the clients
- Ability to maintain a nonjudgmental and empowerment based approach when working with clients
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not required
- 4 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
Benefits: Becoming a hotline volunteer offers the opportunity to become one of the first contact points for someone looking to end abuse and violence in their lives. Hotline volunteers are members of our Safe House team and a vital support to the work we do. The real benefit of being a hotline volunteer comes in knowing the work you do each day at our Safe House changes the lives our clients through a philosophy of support and self-empowerment.
We'll work with your schedule.
811 3rd st.Santa RosaSanta Rosa, CA 95404
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving