3 people are interested
Position: Family Advocacy
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator, Domestic Violence Services Manager
Location: YWCA Safe House
Purpose: To provide advocacy to families residing in the YWCA Safe House or those otherwise receiving services and to promote a safe environment inside the confidential shelter. Family Advocacy interns will shadow staff and learn about the dynamics of intimate partner violence and related advocacy.
- Answer the Hotline and Safe House business phone in the hotline room
- Collect and enter participant data
- Support advocates in providing services such as:
- Attending and performing shelter intakes
- Telephone advocacy for new residents
- Transporting residents
- Preparing resident files and toolbox
- Occasional childcare
- Administrative assistance
- Other Safe House activity support as needed
- Desire to serve residents who are survivors of domestic violence
- Interest in learning about social work and case management
- Ability to work with resident cases from intake to exit.
- Sensitivity to working with residents in crisis
- Ability to maintain a nonjudgmental and empowerment based approach when working with clients
- Complete the 40-hour domestic violence training provided by the YWCA
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred, not required
8-16 hours per week for a minimum of 9 months or preferred. Domestic Violence Training will take place in the summer and winter.
We'll work with your schedule.
811 3rd st.Santa RosaSanta Rosa, CA 95404
- Family Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Data Entry
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training