Oakdale High School Intern: Student Series
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks High School Students interested in an internship to lead their county feeder system’s Student Series Campaign. Student Series is about changing students, by helping them develop life skills and connecting them with science, research and advocacy. The intention is to inspire the cancer researchers of tomorrow in teaching them about things like leadership, teamwork and the importance of giving back. This includes changing their understanding of blood cancers through LLS provided hands-on experiential activities and lessons that meet common core standards.
Interns will be trained by Student Series staff to effectively execute the following tasks within their communities. Interns will have the opportunity to manage and promote their neighborhood feeder schools that run a Pennies for Patients program.
- Develop/modify marketing materials using LLS marketing guidelines (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, and pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment and mentoring. Provide comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Oversee logistics, timelines and other operational elements for assigned fundraising campaigns.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Physical demands include to travel within the Feeder area and move campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
We'll work with your schedule.
Oakdale High School5850 Eaglehead DriveIjamsville, MD 21754
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 7 hours per week; 120 hours between January-June
- Club Advisor and School Advisor referral for student