Client Intake - Looking to practice your Spanish? Sit down one-on-one with our clients to help them
5 people are interested
Please fill out an application to get started:
- Receive clients from waiting room in order that they were processed
- Capture research-quality data, including client height and weight and administer the client intake survey
- Work with the client through the process of selecting their food for the visit
- Provide relevant documents and resources including any wraparound services
- Connect clients with food pantry volunteers
Time Commitment: Once a week for at least 3 hours. Available hours are as follows:
- Monday: 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30 - 11:30am and 12:30 - 3:30pm
Qualifications: Volunteers must be friendly, customer-service focused and open to working with individuals from any background. English/Spanish bilingual is strongly preferred, but not required. Basic computer skills needed.
Orientation and Training: All volunteers are required to attend and complete a volunteer orientation before starting their service. Client Intake Volunteers will receive additional training from the Food Programs Staff.
Benefits: opportunities to practice Spanish; relationship building; customer service experience; direct client interaction
Appropriate For: Individuals looking to make a long-term commitment.
About Crossroads Community Services
4500 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75236, US
Crossroads Community Services exists to nourish our community's low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education.
Crossroads Community Services nourishes people and powers change by providing nutritious groceries and supportive education to those in need in Dallas.
In 2005 CCS became the first agency in the nation to match the amount of food aid provided from each food group with an individual’s age, gender, and activity level as recommended by the USDA’s MyPyramid. In 2010 CCS was named the Model Agency of the Year by the North Texas Food Bank for innovation and volume of food delivered. Last year, over 15,000 individuals benefited from 2.7 million pounds of nutritious food used to prepare 2.3 million healthy meals.
Crossroads provides low-income families with enough groceries to prepare 21 nutrient-and-calorie-balanced meals per person on a monthly basis. CCS also provides education regarding nutrition, meal planning, and obesity prevention to our clients.
We'll work with your schedule.
4500 S Cockrell Hill RdDallas, TX 75236
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for at least 3 hours. Available hours are as follows: Monday: 12:30 – 3:30 pm Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30 – 11:30 am and 12:30 – 3:30 pm