Rise Against Hunger Warehouse Volunteers Needed
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
31 people are interested
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief organization that is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Since 1998, the organization has coordinated the distribution of food and lifesaving aid to the world’s most vulnerable in countries all over the world. The organization’s mission is to build awareness and drive a global commitment to ending hunger by 2030.
Mission video: https://youtu.be/ap5sVWSCL_s
The Sacramento Team is looking for fantastic volunteers to help is in our warehouse! We need help preparing for upcoming meal packaging events.
- Staging pallets of rice, soy, veggie boxes and vitamin boxes for meal packing events
- Staging pallets of assorted equipment for meal packing events
- Assist with washing/sanitizing equipment
- Stack finished boxes of meals and assist with documentation to get the meals ready for shipment to our non-profit partners overseas
- Other assorted warehouse activities
- Close toed shoes
- Comfortable clothes you don't mind moving around in
- Warehouse is not climate controlled---please take this into account if you volunteer with us during the summer
- A great attitude! We turn on music and have a really fun time giving back together
Please email Pat Fitzgerald, Pfitzgerald@riseagainsthunger.org if you have any other questions!
Thank you for joining us in our mission to end world hunger!
About Rise Against Hunger
3733 National Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612, US
Rise Against Hunger is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Our mission is to end hunger in our lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources.
Our organization’s approach to ending hunger centers on mobilizing a global network of hunger champions. Rise Against Hunger meal packaging volunteers produce millions of nutritious meals annually that are then distributed to partners in countries around the world. Those partners are best able to address the causes and effects of hunger based on their local presence and expertise. Through our thorough monitoring and evaluation process, we ensure the meals distributed by those partners are used as a tool to change lives by promoting education, improving students’ health and nutrition, addressing gender inequalities, stimulating economic growth and fighting child labor.
We'll work with your schedule.
1065 National DriveSuite 3Sacramento, CA 95834
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Facilities Management
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- 1-2 hours when available