Advocates Needed for Fairfield Cty Area Nursing Home Residents!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Advocates are needed to receive, handle and try to resolve residents’ complaints for individuals living in nursing homes. You will receive ongoing training, guidance, support and supervision from your own local Regional Ombudsman.
What would you do? Assist in the protection of residents rights. Mentors will provide ongoing support. Mostly you will: provide education for residents and their families about the facility’s rules, regulations, and procedures which insure a better understanding of the services to which residents are entitled.
- You will monitor the exercising of residents rights within the facility.
- Establish good working relationships with the facility’s administrator and staff.
- Refer unresolved complaints to the Regional Ombudsman.
- Work with resident and family councils to encourage interaction among residents and between residents and their community.
- Encourage and assist in developing resident and family councils where none exist.
- Maintain current and accurate records as required by the Ombudsman office.
- Assist residents and their families or legal representatives in understanding rights in relation to transfers within, and discharges from nursing homes.
- Have knowledge of the responsibilities and functions of regulatory and community agencies
Special Considerations of the Volunteer Opportunity
- Your own transportation to your area nursing home is essential (mileage costs are reimbursable).
- Must complete training and certification requirements.
- Must attend ongoing monthly in-service training and supervisory meetings in your area.
We'll work with your schedule.
Main Street, New CanaanBridgeportNorwalkStamford, CT 06906
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 Hrs/wk- not consecutive-w/in workday operations
- Five Day Initial Training, then 2 hours monthly thereafter for meetings or calls