15 people are interested
Disaster Action Team Volunteer- Caldwell County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers are critically important - not just to the Red Cross - but to our community. They are part of a team that responds year-round, 24/7 to provide comfort, hope, and Red Cross services to those impacted by local emergencies including home fires, floods, storm damage, and other localized events.
During a response, teams of at least two responders are on the scene to meet with the impacted clients, assess the situation, and provide the appropriate assistance. DAT volunteers provide compassion, connections, and referrals to community and Red Cross services such as financial assistance, Mental Health, Health Services, and Spiritual Care.
- Must be compassionate, an active listener, and demonstrate impartiality.
- Must have basic computer skills, be comfortable using technology, and have access to a smartphone and/or computer with internet access.
- Valid drivers license for response and attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
- DAT volunteers commit to being on-call at least 6-8 shifts each month. The length of a shift varies by county (typically 6, 8, or 12 hours per on-call shift).
- Volunteers must complete 8 to 10 hours of required online training within 60 days of joining the team.
Interested in volunteering?
- To start the application process, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=26040&h=186&p=1277053
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
The Caldwell County CommunityLenoir, NC 28645
November 10, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- •DAT volunteers commit to being on-call at least 6-8 shifts each month. The length of a shift varies by county (typically 6, 8, or 12 hours per on-call shift).