Disaster Action Team Member- Caldwell County
9 people are interested
Provide resources, comfort and hope to people and families in their time of need.
A Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteer is a part of a team that responds to the scene of a local disaster s including home fires and major storms to deliver Red Cross services. DAT volunteers ease the difficulties of people unexpectedly overwhelmed by disasters. Volunteers are called on to engage with clients, first responders, and the public.
DAT volunteers assist first responders on the scene by comforting and providing resources to families who are displaced from their homes. Commonly, disaster responders drive out to house fires to help families find a safe next place to spend the night and provide resources for ongoing support . Responders could also be called to open and operate shelters for major storms.
Ideal candidates are:
- Compassionate, empathetic, and demonstrate impartiality
- 18 years or older!
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Have access to smartphone or computer
- Available to be "on-call" as a responder 24/7, day and night, for one week per month to dispatch to potential disaster incidents!
- Attend monthly meetings and complete required training
We'll work with your schedule.
The Caldwell County CommunityLenoir, NC 28645
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Varies depending on regional projects & priorities