Client Greeter and Receptionist
4 people are interested
To get started, please fill out a volunteer application here:
- Staff the building’s welcome desk
- Greet all clients, volunteers and visitors and provide all necessary directions within the building
- Confirm client appointments and distribute numbers to incoming clients based on appointments and walk-ins
- Distribute new client information packets and enrollment forms to all new clients
- Answer questions about Crossroads
- Assist with waiting room maintenance, set-up and organization
- Distribute emergency boxes as needed
- Assist with administrative tasks
Time Commitment: Once a week for 4 hours with a minimum commitment of 2 months. Shifts are available Monday - Friday from 8am - 12pm and 12pm - 4pm.
Qualifications: Volunteers must be friendly, customer-service focused and open to working with individuals from any background. English/Spanish bilingual is strongly preferred, but not required.
Orientation and Training: All volunteers are required to attend and complete a volunteer orientation before starting their service. Client Greeters will receive additional training from the Food Programs Coordinator.
Benefits: opportunities to practice Spanish; relationship building; customer service experience; direct client interaction
Appropriate For: Individuals looking to make a long-term commitment.
About Crossroads Community Services
4500 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75236, US
Crossroads Community Services exists to nourish our community's low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education.
Crossroads Community Services nourishes people and powers change by providing nutritious groceries and supportive education to those in need in Dallas.
In 2005 CCS became the first agency in the nation to match the amount of food aid provided from each food group with an individual’s age, gender, and activity level as recommended by the USDA’s MyPyramid. In 2010 CCS was named the Model Agency of the Year by the North Texas Food Bank for innovation and volume of food delivered. Last year, over 15,000 individuals benefited from 2.7 million pounds of nutritious food used to prepare 2.3 million healthy meals.
Crossroads provides low-income families with enough groceries to prepare 21 nutrient-and-calorie-balanced meals per person on a monthly basis. CCS also provides education regarding nutrition, meal planning, and obesity prevention to our clients.
We'll work with your schedule.
4500 S Cockrell Hill RdDallasDallas, TX 75236
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Once a week for 4 hours with a minimum commitment of 2 months. Shifts are available Monday – Friday from 8am – 12pm and 12pm – 4pm.