Are You a Compassionate Soul? Become a Moments Hospice Volunteer!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Are you searching for meaning and purpose in your life? Looking, perhaps, to pay-it-forward or, perhaps, use your skills and interests to make a real difference in someone's life?
Moments Hospice is looking for compassionate volunteers willing to donate their time to spend quality time with our hospice patients and their families, who are in homes, assisted livings or skilled nursing facilities throughout the Greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
Our hospice volunteers fill vital roles that range from direct contact with our patients and families to providing administrative support for the organization.
On any given day, our hospice volunteers may be out spending time with patients and families, perhaps in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Victoria or Woodbury, Farmington or North Branch. Direct care volunteers offer companionship in a variety of ways -- perhaps reading aloud, sitting quietly, watching a movie, baking some cookies, playing a game, writing cards, feeding birds, folding some laundry, planting a window box, or saying prayers.
Administrative support volunteers may be in our Golden Valley headquarters -- photocopying, filing, phoning to see that patients and families have the supplies they need, or may be at home, offering a phone call to a bereaved family member.
The rewards of Moments Hospice volunteer work may include:
- New appreciation for life in the present moment.
- Fulfillment of the desire to use the best of who you are.
- The satisfaction of increased meaning and purpose in your life.
- Joy that comes with connection to a community of love.
- A chance to "pay forward" what you or your loved ones may have received from others in times of loss.
- An opportunity to live out your faith or values.
We'll work with your schedule.
Patients Home or Facilitiesfairbault, MN 55021
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- At least three hour a months