Child Activity Helper
9 people are interested
The North County Lifeline (following referred to as Lifeline) Parent Support Service’s purpose is to provide drop in services for children between the ages of 2-12 during designated session times. This program provides the opportunity for the parent/guardian to meet with Lifeline staff/interns/trainees confidentially if needed, without the child(ren) present and/or for the siblings of the child to not be in the scheduled session. In addition, this will increase the safety of the child(ren) beyond the lobby area.
Hours and Worksite:
- Slots are available on Mondays and Tuesday from 4:00 - 7:30 p.m. at the Lifeline Vista Campus
- On-call opportunities also available *
Assist current Lifeline staff with taking care of children during scheduled sessions and be available to provide childcare as needed upon absence of lead Lifeline staff.
- Assist with planning/implementing and participating in individual and group activities for children ages 2 to 12 years of age, such as arts and crafts, games, painting, etc.
- Manage the set-up/preparation and clean-up of materials for planned activities and projects.
- Facilitate program activities to ensure fun and safety for participants.
- Organize and store toys or materials to ensure order in the activity room.
- Monitor sign-in process for the children attending childcare services.
- Work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers to provide quality activities.
- Work well with and be supportive of children while monitoring children’s play activities.
- Must be reliable, responsible and have a superior attendance record.
- Must maintain confidentiality of participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned necessary to maintain program quality and compliance.
- Bilingual preferred not required
- Experience with children of all ages, creative, patient, kind, compassionate, fun, high energy.
- High School Diploma or GED, prefer some college child development classes or some experience in an Early Childhood setting, and /or at least one-year experience working with children.
- CPR & First Aid Certificate highly desired.
- Professional or volunteer work with children’s groups is highly desirable.
- Be able to perform general physical activities - stooping, bending, and lifting up to 20lbs.
Security Checks Required: TB Test, Drug Screening, and Live Scan Background Check
We'll work with your schedule.
200 Michigan AveVista, CA 92084
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Slots are available on Mondays and Tuesday from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the Lifeline Vista Campus 6 month minimum commitment