Guest Services Volunteer
19 people are interested
Guest Services Volunteer
Guest Service Volunteers exemplify our culture of guest service by welcoming & greeting visitors, answering questions, assisting with park navigation and surveying guests for demographics. Our ambassadors adopt our world class culture values and serve as support for our guest service team to make sure all guests feel welcome and equipped to enjoy the park to its fullest extent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Gathering survey information from guests in various areas in the park
- Providing a welcoming, friendly demeanor to greet guests in specific park areas
- Ability to identify guest needs and relay map locations and information in a relatable manner
- Deals courteously and effectively with the public at all times
- Adheres to all safety regulations and policies and procedures and helps maintain a safe and productive environment for guests, volunteers and staff
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions including damaged property in a timely manner
- Responds to emergencies and alarm calls as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Requires the ability to interact with guests, officials, and staff on a regular basis
- Outstanding customer service
- Basic level written and verbal communication in the English Language
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
Educational and Training Requirements:
- Attends required orientations and training led by Gathering Place Staff
- Completes surveys on a tablet
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This volunteer position requires substantial standing, talking and hearing; moderate walking and reaching with hands and arms; and no sitting, climbing or balancing, kneeling or stooping and lifting.
- The environment characteristics described here are representative of those a volunteer encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This volunteer position requires moderate performance with moderate noise level and minimal performance in wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions and loud noise level.
Shift Days and Times:
- Mondays through Sundays
- 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Reports to: Guest Services Team
Must complete volunteer application, interview, background check and orientation.
About GATHERING PLACE
2650 S John Williams Way E, TULSA, OK 74114, US
Gathering Place is a world class riverfront park designed to welcome all Tulsans to a vibrant and inclusive public space that engages, educates and excites! Our vision is to add to the vitality and growth of Tulsa by enhancing the quality of life for all; to be an economic influencer, by positively impacting the city's civic and fiscal growth plans; and to assist Tulsa in being recognized as a vibrant, inclusive regional destination.
A project of George Kaiser Family Foundation, we are committed to creating a culture that supports the overall mission of equal opportunity for all. We are committed to creating a public gathering space that is a recreational, civic and cultural destination for all walks of life to enjoy, promoting inclusivity in our city. We are committed to enhancing the River Parks system while preserving the area’s natural ambiance and integrating the new space into the greater surrounding area. We are committed to Tulsa, to all who live here and to all who visit, that they may be positively inspired to play, learn, interact, relax and gather together.
We'll work with your schedule.
2650 S John Williams Way ETulsa, OK 74114
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hour shifts
- Must complete volunteer application, interview, background check and orientation.