Serve happiness in our BBD canteen! (Salisbury, MD, area)
7 people are interested
- Purpose: As a volunteer, you welcome, greet, and thank donors and make sure they are looking well and not having an adverse reaction to donation (fainting or other) and call for help if something does happen. You help donors feel comfortable, cared for, and want to return again. You keep the tables and cabinets stocked with food options, cold drinks in the cooler, and keep hot drinks available. Donors need to have liquid and food intake after donation to stay well and healthy and remain in the area for 15 minutes for health and safety reasons. You ensure this happens (donors MAY leave early only AFTER signing a release waiver)
- Qualifications: Customer service skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to help.
- Time commitment: shift schedules vary between center locations
To apply: https://www.delmarvablood.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Or contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
About BLOOD BANK OF DELMARVA INC
100 HYGEIA DR, NEWARK, DE 19713, US
Blood Bank of Delmarva’s mission is to serve our community by meeting the needs of patients, hospitals, and members for safe, high quality blood products and related services.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is a non-profit community service organization that provides blood and blood products to 19 hospitals on the Delmarva Peninsula. More than 79,000 blood donations are needed in this area each year for about 20,000 patients across the Delmarva Peninsula.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is a member of America’s Blood Centers.
We'll work with your schedule.
1309 Mt. Hermon Rd.Salisbury, MD 21804
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We prefer 3-4 hours once a week, however, this can be flexible to 2x week. Winter birds welcome to volunteer during season they are in the area.