5 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Job Title: Social worker
Organization: Butakoola Village Association for development (BUVAD)
Location: Kayunga District in Uganda
Butakoola Village Association for Development (BUVAD) is a not for profit organization which started its Nonprofit activities in 2000. It got registered under the Gender and Culture Department of Kayunga District in Uganda (E.A) as a Community Based Organization (CBO) operational in Kayunga Sub County in 2006 and was approved in May 2011 by the NGO board of Uganda as a Non-Governmental Organization operational in Kayunga District. For more information about BUVAD visit our website at www.buvad.org
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify potential project Funders records them in the potential Funder matrix
- Grant/Project proposal writing
- Preparing grant applications
- Attending webinars on behalf of the organization whenever required.
- Submit weekly activity reports on services and duties executed by time and relevancy in relation to the organization mission to the Executive Director.
- Maintain records by documenting project activities and project success.
- Monitor planned actions by periodic follow-up.
- Maintain operations by following the organization set policies and procedures, participating in quality reviews and reporting needed changes.
- Oversee project activities
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Oversee the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Submit activity reports, meeting minutes on a timely basis.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project reports as well as monthly and quarterly project reports.
- Employ resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring.
- Trouble shoot project problems and challenges.
- Identify and implement creative/innovative solutions to project problems and challenges identified during implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree/Diploma in; Social works and Social Administration, Population Studies or any other related degree (i.e. in Project management social work, counseling, sociology, psychology, gender studies, human rights, etc.).
- Being a resident of Kayunga Town in Kayunga District is an added advantage but even those from afar can apply.
- At least an experience in working in the social sector in hard to reach areas, particularly with vulnerable communities is desirable.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment; good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions and to take accountability for decisions made. Emotional maturity and stability to resolve conflicts in non-violent way and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Experience and knowledge of project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in partnership building, networking and collaboration. Good understanding of programme concepts from a rights-based approach
- Good resources mobilization skills and ability to write grant winning; project proposals, grant applications and concept papers.
- Strong community mobilization skills a must.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
- Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
- Speaking a local language is preferable: e.g. Luganda or Lusoga,
- Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization skills. Good (English) verbal and written communication skills preferred. Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
How to apply for this opportunity
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well as the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to this email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position your applying for as the tittle.
About BUTAKOOLA VILLAGE ASSOCIATION FOR DEVELOPMENT
P.O.BOX 49 BULENGA, KAMPALA, KAYUNGA 00256, UG
BUVAD intends to promote human values for the people of Kayunga towards realizing their full to development for a sustainable living.
Butakoola Village Association for Development (BUVAD), is an indigenous registered non-profit organization implementing a local project of the Rural Communities Safe Water Supply, which is being implemented in Kayunga District of Uganda (East Africa). BUVAD’s registration number is S.5914/8930.
BUVAD was founded in the year 2000 as an initiative of a few concerned local youths who, upon realizing the challenges that their community always faced, undertook numerous sensitizations by the central government and were prompted to set up an association. The basis of this association was to collectively address the community and its needs for a better life. BUVAD turned into an NGO in May, 2011.
The BUVAD offices are located at Bukolooto Trading Centre in Kayunga District.
P.O.Box 49 Bulenga - KampalaP.O.Box 180130 KayungaKayunga, Other 00256Uganda
December 8, 2021
- Office Reception
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21